“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
― Winston Churchill
Want to get more work done?
When working on a task that requires concentrated effort:
- Turn off social media notifications.
- Turn off your phone.
- Don’t check emails.
- Hang a sign on your desk requesting ‘No interruptions please.’
- Organise the tools required for task before you start the task.
- Stay mindful of task at hand.
- Do the task at the time of day when you know you concentrate best.
- Feeling distracted? Breathe deeply a few times, to refocus.
- Schedule regular breaks.
- And never throw stones at dogs.